Friday, November 12, 2010

violet with bokeh and a fairy garden

Bokeh is the blurry background in a photo, often showing up as soft smudges of color. I love the look but could rarely get it to happen with my point and shoot. My DSLR, however, is another matter.

Using the idiot 'A for aperture' setting, I took this before I left for work this morning, right outside my own front door, in one of the planters I have by a bench.

The planter stands, by the way - which aren't in the picture - were out on the curb in front of a neighbor's house for the trash guy last summer and I dragged them home. They sat out at the side of the house for months, but I finally got them planted this spring and I enjoy them every morning as I walk to my car. One man's trash is another man's treasure...

Anyway, I love this shot. Super clear, great color, tons of bokeh!!!

While I was out there, I lay down on the cold hard sidewalk and snapped a few of what I think of as the fairy garden. It's just a patch of moss with some bulb shoots coming up, but it looks like a place fairies might hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment