Wednesday, February 29, 2012

free png images - 1st effort

After playing around with a lot of png files that I bought or downloaded from digital scrapping sites (mostly here, the mega-mall of digi goodies), I decided to try my hand at making a few of my own.

I found this odd little notebook at a thrift shop someplace or other and scanned it at 300dpi. I created a copy and chose 'soft light' as the blending mode. Then I extracted the book from the white background and saved it as a png file. Wa La - images you can use digitally. I have no idea how the real designers of all the marvelous digi files I've purchased do it, but I'm pretty sure these will work.

I'd dearly love to see anything you make using them and I'd appreciate a linky back here. And please don't sell them. If anyone gets some use from these, I'll make more as I have time. No interest in selling them - it's just fun to know they're out in the world.




No comments:

Post a Comment