Wednesday, December 26, 2012

things to remember

We stayed home Christmas day and ate leftovers for all three meals. Doesn't sound much like your Christmas, I don't suppose, but it suited us perfectly. Among other things, I made another digital collage. I'm really enjoying the digital thing and am determined to get significantly better at it in 2013.

This layout was made entirely with elements from a free kit the AJC13 participants were given when we signed up. It's by Lorie Davison and when I first saw it, I doubted I would get much use from it. It just didn't seem like my sort of thing but then I kept seeing other people's work done with the kit and decided it would be a challenge for me to create with it.

The background is 3 different papers, layered and duplicated, and with different blending modes.

I hung the gems from the tree, attached the twist key to the bird's back, put the eye inside the globe, attached the chains, etc. Lots of shadow and blending work so that the various elements would have depth and be harmonious as far as color intensity, brightness, etc.

The text says: things to remember for 2013...     practice patience...      stay curious...     see more of the world...      swim upstream more often than not

It isn't a kit I ever would have purchased but I love the page and that's one of the cool things about this class - it will provide me with prompts and kits that will move me outside my usual way and style of doing things.


5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love all the layerig, the key on the bird, the eye, oh geez, it works so nicely. Keep up the great work! Hugs. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely digi collage - I really must get back to playing with the possibilities in that. Thanks so much for the visit and kind words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie -- your blog is truly beautiful. Lets get you lots more followers! I have just loaded your blog in for the party -- I noticed that you DO NOT have a follower gadget on your sidebar. You will need to load that in if you want to attract followers - they need that to join up. Let me know if you need help with that.
    xoxo,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uber cool Leslie - I have to watch others do this digital stuff as I would be significantly challenged (and spend too much time already at the keyboard) How is the cat doing (do you have a name yet?) I'd call it Lucky myself since they found such a sweet home with you!Cheers and thanks for all your best wishes for the new year (and it WILL get better).... (by the way Zentangles are getting the better of me LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi leslie, found your blog on the grow your blog party site, this is my first visit and when i saw that you know and love photo stuff i got so excited! i have made one of my goals this year besides being determined and committed to my blog, was improving my photography skills. it is true no matter what i make it is only as good as the photo i post! my photos suck! so i look forward to seeing more of you and your blog! aloha, angi in hana (madewithalohahana.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete