Monday, January 20, 2014

from Beth

My mail art pal, Beth, sent me a couple cool pieces for Christmas. I scanned them back then but never got around to posting them. They're too cool to miss so here they are, a day late and a dollar short, but marvelous nonetheless.

This is a large postcard, 5x7 or so and I love it.
The limited color range, the various collage elements,
the abc tapes, the weathered wood, the boots.
It's collage done well ad I really like it.
It's going on the wall as soon as I dig out a frame for it.

This piece is the same size but done on (I'm not sure what).
It's like a clear plastic box lid, cause there are four side
edges that you can't see. I like the muted colors,
the elements, all those curves and circles with the
hard lines of the arrow. Very cool piece and
it's already on the wall above my computer desk
where I see it every day. Thanks, Beth!

2 comments:

  1. REALLY cool looking pieces!
    Thanks for sharing these...Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, Leslie. The second piece is done on an acrylic box frame. I pick them up at thrift shops. They make a sturdy backing for collage. My husband cuts a piece of wood that I glue in the back and attach wire so it will hang properly. You know, I am the ultimate recycler. Cheers!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete