Monday, May 26, 2014

zine

Well, this was meant to be for the MMSA swap but I got started late and just don't feel like rushing around to get copies made in time. So I have the original which I'll keep and one good copy all folded, glued and ready to go. I'm sure one or another of my mail art buds will speak up when they see this and swap with me.

I was looking thru art books trying to get inspired, and it struck me that in so many portraits of women, their eyes are downcast. Thus was born Ladies Looking Down. The images are in order - first the cover, then the first spread, etc. I added a goofy caption to each painting and some doodles.

 




4 comments:

  1. Love this!!! As soon as I make a zine I'd love to swap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes -- I want to swap too. I too got a late start with making a zine for Karen's swap and also didn't want to rush. Mine is almost finished but since today is the 27th I am obviously not going to make it for that swap....love the ladies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to swap too....whenever you get around to it. It's SO clever - well done! I finished mine at the 11th hour and put it in the mail today. But I actually made a couple extra. Let me know.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great theme. I love the way it turned out.

    ReplyDelete