Sunday, April 19, 2015

cardboard crush class (lots of pics!)

As I've mentioned before, I like Roben Marie's style. Her colors, doodles, projects, etc, all appeal to me, so I didn't have to ponder too longer before signing up for her Cardboard Crush class. To watch the promo vid and/or sign up for the class, go to Art to the 5th. The workshops are listed down the right side.

Each instructor makes their own version of this booklet/folder thing. Of course I did Roben Marie's version first. The substrate is just a chunk of corrugated cardboard box. The first 6 pics are process photos, taken as I was making the cover. The rest of the pics have details beneath. I'm using it as a birthday card holder, with little flaps of paper, one for each month, with birthdays written on the back of the appropriate month to remind me, and a pocket to hold cards.







The finished folder. I used an old shank button attached
on the inside thru a smaller button so it won't tear thru
the cardboard with use.

The back.

Partially open, showing the pocket to hold cards.

The inside, with a paper flap for each month with birthdays
written on the back, and a pocket to hold cards.

A better look at the month flaps.

Bottom corner of my pocket. I wanted it to have more depth
than the one in the instructions so winged it by folded up a piece
of gelli printed card stock. Works great.

Wa-la!



3 comments:

  1. OK. I can't stand it. I NEED this. My birthday was in March and I think I should get a late present. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another winner! You're doing so many fabulous things these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just finished my first journal. So happy to see what you've done, very inspiring! TFS!

    ReplyDelete